Wondering what to do with your plentiful harvest of fresh cherry tomatoes? Well look no further! This recipe, shared by CTG student Peg, is sure to add some serious flavor to any pasta dish and leave your taste buds tingling!
Fresh Tomato Sauce with Cherry Tomatoes and Olives
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 4 – 6 anchovies, finely chopped/mashed or 1 T anchovy paste
- 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano or 2 t fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup tomato sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup olives (black or kalamata) – sliced
- 3 to 4 tablespoons capers – chopped
- Fresh parsley or basil – 1/4 cup
- Cooked pasta
- Roughly chop the cherry tomatoes in a food processor and place in a colander over a bowl to catch the tomato juice.
- Let drain 5 – 10 minutes, press on the chopped tomatoes to get as much juice as possible – hopefully around 2/3 – 3/4 cup.
- Put olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, anchovy paste and oregano in a skillet, saute until garlic is golden.
- Add tomato juice and tomato sauce (if desired – this will make the sauce thicker with a little more body) and saute for 3-5 min until reduced by half.
- Add chopped cherry tomatoes, olives and capers and toss until heated through.
- Add fresh herbs and serve over pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Easy and yummy!